Sunday, December 13, 2009

Inspirational


Have you ever taught a lesson and wondered what just happened? You thought you were doing the best job ever and then you look up and look into the faces of those who just did not understand. Now that I pull small groups it is even more apparent when my children do not understand the lesson. Well there is this one boy that I worked with constantly on letters. We cannot seem to get past L and R. Everyday we work on one letter until I think that we get it. Then the next day I ask him the name of the letter and he cannot tell me.


Well as we were going through our normal dance routine of what letter is this, he had a moment. He looked for a few seconds and gave a heavy sigh and then, said the letter. That was a truly inspirational moment for me. I showed him another card and he was able to do that one too. I could not believe how the letters just started to fall out of his mouth. I wish I could tell that he knew them all, but he was only able to give me 8, which was better than the 2 he previously knew. I was proud of him. He was proud of himself. It was a great moment for both of us. Maybe as we continue he will learn a few more letter and more still until he learns them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment